The borehole was was drilled in Mtotora Village, T/A Ngokwe in Machinga district with the financial support from Drop of Compassion (DOC).
Over 250 families are benefiting from the borehole.
Some of the problems faced before the implementation of the project are as follows:
- The community used unsafe water for drinking and washing
- Women travelled long distance if they had to find safe water.
- Risk of water borne diseases were very high.
- The community now have safe water hence reduced water borne diseases
- Women no longer travel long distances
- Reduced water borne diseases