Mpenjere Primary School
Following the financial commitment from brother Ashraf Patel through DOC.. Mai Aisha Trust constructed primary school blocks in Mikundi village T/A Mbwananyambi in Mangochi District. The school is known as Mpenjere Primary School. The structures constructed consist of 2 classrooms and 1 Headteacher office.
- School children had to walk a distance of 9km to and 9km from the nearest primary school. This contributed to high drop ups and promoted high illiteracy levels.
After establishment of Mpenjere junior Primary school, other forms of challenges arises as follows:
- Pupils were learning in temporary shelter which was unsafe
- The temporary shelter had only two classrooms not enough for the large number of pupils and this is forced other pupils to learn under trees.
- There was no headteacher office and this forced the headteacher to work under the tree.
- The pupils are now learning in a modern and safe classrooms.
- The headteacher has a modern and safe office.
- The safe environment will motivate both the pupils and the teachers leading to improve quality of education.