Mikundi Irrigation Scheme
Mikundi Irrigation scheme project was implemented by Mai Aisha Trust by Peace Giving International. The scheme is located in Mangochi in Mikundi village, Group Village Mbera T/A Bwananyambi. The scheme has 30 farmers (10 males & 20 females). The scheme project is now complete and the crops that are grown are as follows: Maize, Vegetables & Tomatoes.
Problems Faced Before
Below are some of the problems which were faced before the implementation of the scheme:
- They were sometimes use earth canals to direct water to their crops which promotes soil erosion.
- They fail to cultivate large piece of land.
How Things Have Changed With the Support of Peace Giving International
- Soil Erosion being minimized
- Irrigating crops will be easy now since the use of concrete canals.
- Community food secured and economic enhancement.
- Large land to be used high yield to be realized.