Kachulu Irrigation Scheme
Kachulu Irrigation Scheme project was implemented by Mai Aisha Trust by Peace Giving International. The scheme is located in Mangochi in Tambala Village, Group village Masuku T/A Bwananyambi. The Scheme has 20 farmers (5Males & 15 Females). The Scheme project is now completed and crops like maize, Vegetables and Tomatoes are now grown.
Problems Faced Before the Implementation of the Project.
- Farmers were using high pumps & earth canals which promotes soil erosion.
- Farmers used pails to carry water for crops irrigation.
- They were harvested low yield hence low income.
- Since they were using pails to carry water for irrigation they fail to cultivate large piece of land.
How Things Have Changed With The Support of Peace Giving International.
- Irrigating crops is so easy now since they have water pumps.
- Reduced soil erosion since the stop using earth canals.
- Large land is used to cultivate high yield products.
- Food secured & economic enhancement.