Understanding that transport services is poor especially in rural areas due to lack of road infrastructure which makes it difficult for vehicles to have access in such areas Mai Aisha Trust with the support from Nasihah donors we distributed 100 bicycles to farmers, chiefs, students, police and hospital employees of Number One village in Thyolo district on 2nd October, which will assist them in transportation of people and various goods within the district.
Problem faced before bicycle distribution were:
- In rural areas most of service providers are located in far areas from where most people reside and it was a big challenge for one to walk on foot to access this services.
- Workers such as Police officers, Hospital employees were not able to make it at work in time because of the transportation.
- Students were walking a long distance which lead them not to be active in class because they were reaching at school already tired.
Solutions that these bicycles distribution has brought.
- It has easy mobility challenges among the vulnerable groups.
- It has improved the social economic status of rural communities through bicycle taxi business.